NOVEC 1230 Gas Fire Extinguishing Systems
NOVEC 1230 extinguishing agent is a clean gas widely accepted as substitute to Halon.NOVEC 1230, or dodecafluoro-2-methyl pentan-3-one(CF3CF2C(O)CF(CF3), is suitable for the protection of most hazards where Halon 1301 had to be applied in the past. Because NOVEC 1230 is not electrical conductive, (but it is odourlessandcolourless), itiseffective in the protection of electrical hazards, suchascomputerrooms. Furthermore, it is suitable for class A fires (fires including solid materials) as well as for class B fires (flammable liquids). NOVEC 1230 extinguishes fires mainly by physical means, weakening and extinguishing the fire by absorbing heat.
Once discharged, NOVEC 1230 extinguishes the fire quickly reducing to a minimum damages to property and valuable equipment, likewise ensuring total safety to persons.
LPG systems containing NOVEC 1230 are designed to discharge with in 10 seconds. Extinguishing agent pressurized with dry Nitrogen at 24 or 41 bar and stored in steel cylinders fitted with approved valves.
- Suitable for occupied areas.
- Discharge time: 10 seconds.
- No residue to clean up after discharge.
- Widely accepted as substitute to Halon 1301.
- Compliance with standards ISO14520 and NFPA 2001.
- Suitable for storage in welded high pressure cylinders, saving space and money.
- Electrically non - conductive.
- Global Warming Potential of 1.
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential.
- Chemical Name C6 Fluoroketone
- Chemical Formula CF3CF2C(O)CF(CF3)2
- Compliance with ISO 14520, UNE 23570 and NFPA 2001 FK-5-1-12
- Molecular weight 0,4 bar
- Boiling point at 1.013 bar +49 °C
- Liquid density at 20°C 1,6 kg / l
- Critical temperature 168.66°C
- Critical pressure 18.646 bar
- Vapour pressure at 20°C 0.3260 bar
- Relative electrical resistance at 1atm. 250 C (N2=1.0) 20
- Maximum filling density 1.48 kg/l
- Design concentration for heptane 5,9 %
- Flooding factor for heptane at 20°C 0.8723 kg/m3
- Design concentration for surface fires class A 5.3 %*
- Flooding factor for surface fires class A 0.7786 kg/m3
- NOAEL 10%
- LOAEL >10%
- Ozone depletion potential 0
- Greenhouse effect potential 1